QIN Liwen | Founder and CEO
- Qin Liwen has more than 15 years of professional experience with Chinese media, internet companies and international think tanks.
• Worked as renowned journalist covering international affairs for major Chinese national media like the Economic Observer and the Modern Media Group.
• More than 10 years’ experience with TMT (technology, media and telecommunications) companies in China.
• As News Director of www.sohu.com (NASDAQ: SOHU), she not only led the newsroom successfully featuring the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games online, but also simultaneously managed the marketing, advertisement sales, events organization, social media, NGO and government relations of Sohu News on local and national level across China.
• Worked as Senior Analyst of the International Crisis Group in Beijing office and later as Associate Researcher for Mercator Institute for China Studies in Berlin, focusing on China’s Foreign Policy.
• Fellow of the Regional Center of Strategic Study in Sri Lanka.
• Co-founder of One Way Space, a bookstore + culture event center + online media company in Beijing well known and respected in the cultural and educational sectors in China.
• Published/co-authored two collections of essays, The Cruelty of Journalism and The Adventure of Ideas.